How to Cancel Your Spotify Premium Subscription & Delete Account
Here is how you can cancel a Spotify subscription. Also find how Spotify accounts can be deleted.
Spotify is the biggest streaming service on the planet with a vast music library, exclusive playlists, and Podcasts. But wait! you know this already. If you have made up your mind to cancel your premium subscription on Spotify, you have landed on the right page. Read along to find the steps to cancel Spotify subscriptions.
Following recent events that include celebrities and even the CEO of Spotify, there are many people who are starting to unsubscribe from the premium plans on Spotify. There are equivalent options like Apple music that have plans at $9.99 per month. This is very similar to Spotify and the amount and quality of content is also good and improving. Either way it is important for you to know how to cancel a Spotify subscription or even delete a Spotify account. Although, know that you will miss some Spotify exclusive podcasts if you unsubscribe. The following guide can be used to cancel your plan on Spotify.
How to cancel a Spotify subscription directly
- Go to spotofy.com/account by clicking on this link and log in to your account.
- Under Account Overview, scroll down and select Change Plan under your existing plan.
- Now scroll down below Available Plans and select Cancel Premium.
- Confirm by clicking Yes and cancel the subscription
While this is the direct way to cancel Spotify subscription, Apple users have another method that can be used. The following method is for iPhone users who originally made an iOS in-app purchase for Spotify premium.
How to cancel a Spotify subscription on iOS devices.
- Unlock your iPhone and open the Settings app.
- Click on your account/name on top.
- On the next page, Tap on the Subscription option.
- Tap on Spotify and Select the Cancel option at the bottom.
In some scenarios, you might not be able to cancel your Spotify subscription. This is because there are chances that you have subscribed to Spotify premium through your cellular carrier. Use the steps below if you are a subscriber through your carrier.
How to cancel Spotify subscription through cellular carrier
- Go to the Carrier account by logging in to it.
- Search for add-ons/streaming services.
- Select Spotify and cancel it.
- If you are not able to do this, contact your carrier.
We have covered all the methods that can be used to cancel premium plans on Spotify above. If you are still facing problems unsubscribing, you must visit Spotify Support, for more guidance.
Deleting Spotify account.
Canceling premium plans will just make you a free user of Spotify. If you have decided to delete your Spotify account once and for all the process can be a little long. For subscribers who had premium plans, it is more difficult.
The only option to delete your Spotify account is by reaching out to Spotify Support. You have to contact customer care and speak to a bot or send an email and wait for replies regarding account deletion. It is said that it would take seven days to delete a Spotify account.
Leave a Reply