How to Reset HomePod Mini Without an iOS Device
The Apple HomePod is a smart speaker that helps its users to perform multiple tasks. Situations can arise where we have to reset the HomePod and take it back to its condition when it was brand new. The smart speaker can be reset using the iOS devices that it is paired with or by just using the speaker’s hardware itself. Follow this post to know how to reset a HomePod directly without the use of Home app on iOS devices.
How to reset HomePod directly
- Unplug your HomePod and plug it back in after 10 seconds.
- Press and hold the button on top of the speaker.
- The light on top of the HomePod will turn red.
- Hold the button until you hear three beeps, this might take a few seconds.
- Release the button, the three beeps mean that Siri is warning you that the HomePod is about to reset.
You will hear a chime that indicates that the HomePod is factory reset and can be paired with devices freshly. All the history and data in the HomePod will be erased in this process and sometimes resetting can be a solution for problems in the smart speaker. This method is very useful when you can’t remove your HomePod using the Home app or if you have a used HomePod without the paired iOS device.
You might like…
To know how to reset HomePod using iOS devices, read How to reset HomePod mini using iPhone iPad or mac. For further guidance reach out to Apple Support.