Windows 11 Minimum Hardware Requirements | System Requirement
Windows released the newest version of OS “Windows 11” earlier and the upgrade is superb. While the software update looks impressive, there are some minimum hardware requirements. Windows has listed them down clearly and we are going to take you through them here.
The deal is simple. If your system does not possess the following hardware features you will not be able to upgrade to Windows 11. The only way for you to access Windows 11 would be by purchasing a new PC with modern features.
If you are not sure whether your system is compatible with Windows 11, don’t worry. There are ways to check if you are eligible and it will be discussed later in this post. So stick till the end.
Minimum system requirements for Windows 11
The following list contains all the hardware requirements that have to be met for the Windows 11 upgrade.
- Processor: A compatible 64-bit processor which is 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores. OR System on a Chip (SOC)
- Minimum of 4 gigabyte (GB) RAM.
- Storage device must be 64 GB or larger.
- System Firmware with UEFI and Secure Boot Capable.
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0.
- Graphics card compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver.
- High definition (720p) display with 8 bits per color channel and 9″ or greater diagonally.
- A good Internet connectivity for Windows 11 Home edition.
- Finally, a Microsoft account to complete device setup on first use.
If you are familiar with all your system specs, you will know by now whether you qualify for the upgrade or not. The list is a little long and not knowing your system specifications is normal. Hence we have discussed how to check your device’s compatibility.
How to check if your PC is compatible.
Basically there are two ways to check if your PC is eligible for the Windows 11 update. The first and simple way is by checking with your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).
Note: Open a browser and enter your device name or model and get to the specs page. Cross check with the minimum hardware requirements list mentioned above.
If your system is running on Windows 10, you can check with the PC Health check app. If you don’t have the app already, use the instructions given below.
Download PC Health check app
- Visit the Official Windows 11 page by clicking on this link.
- Scroll down and reach the Check for compatibility section.
- Click on Download PC Health check app.
- After installing, run the app and assess the compatibility.
Inside the app you will find the Windows 11 banner on top. Click on the check now button and find if your PC is Windows 11 friendly. If your Pc can’t run on Windows 11, the app will list the problems that are not allowing the Windows 11 update.
Know more about the Specifications, Features, and computer requirements on the Official Microsoft website.