How to update iOS on your iPhone or iPad : Using itunes and Direct Install
How to download and install iOS 11.2.6 or other on your iPhone or iPad.
If you have limited space on your device or software update isn’t working for some reason, you can update using iTunes.
Updating iOS using iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC
Before starting with the installation, make sure you have a recent iTunes backup. Make it encrypted so all your password and other private data are preserved.
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Plug your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your PC, using your USB to Lightning or USB to 30-pin Dock cable.
- Click on the device icon at the top left to go to the device tab.
- Click on Check for Update in the Summary pane.
- Click on Download and Update
- Click Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter the Passcode on your iPhone or iPad, if prompted.
That’s it, The update will get downloaded and installed on your iPhone or iPad. Generally, it will take a few minutes to complete the process. After a reboot, you can access your device with latest updates.
Updating iOS using Software Update on your iPhone or iPad
The easiest way for most people to download the latest iOS updates is over-the-air(OTA), directly on their device. It’s fast, it’s efficient, and it’s very simple to do. Before starting with the update process make sure you have a recent iCloud backup.
- First Launch Settings from your Home screen.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- In the update page tap on Download and Install.
- Enter your Passcode, if prompted.
- Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Tap Agree again to confirm.
That’s it, The update will get downloaded and installed on your iPhone or iPad. Generally, it will take a few minutes to complete the process. Your phone will reboot once to complete the update process.
Here are the related links
- How to update your Mac with recent macOS
- How to download and install Apple’s latest tvOS on your Apple TV
- How to download and install Apple watchOS on your Apple Watch